Updating to PHP5.5.8.


   At Jan-09 18:16:03UTC, they released PHP5.5.8. My physical strength was slightly back. So, I updated my PHP.

   According to ( ChangeLog ), it fixes some bugs against PHP 5.5.7, and An addition. The addition is related to the old voluntary CVE-2011-3379 (See H. Tokumaru’s tumblr “Added validation of class names in the autoload process“. This is only in Japanese.).

   I downloaded a Thread Safe version for my server (Windows7HP + SP1 (x86)). It requires VC11. If you don’t have VC11 on your Windows, you must install vcredist_x__.exe before the PHP configuration.

   The php.ini-production has nothing changed.

   As the official PHP binary includes php5apache2_4.dll, I extract the zip archive and replace all PHP5.5.7 files with all PHP5.5.8 files except my php.ini. Then, I restart my Apache. That’s it.

   If you need how to configure PHP5.5, please see the post. It is for a mbstrings user, but the information gives some help for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *